Thinking about investing in shutters for the replacement windows on your Costa Mesa, CA home? The shutter purchase is significant, but the improved curb appeal, light control, and increased value for your home, not to mention the increased style, are worth it.
But have you thought about louvre style? Material? Available upgrades? Use this list of things to consider to ensure you have the information you need to get the best possible shutters.
- Material – The material you choose for your window shutters is very important in both style and function. Shutter material affects energy efficiency, longevity, and durability as well as overall appearance. There are many shutter material choices from wood and vinyl to polyresin and more, so take care to consider your options and how each choice could affect your shutters in the years to come.
- Louver Size – The louver, the part of the shutter that moves up and down to block or let in light, is an essential part of the shutter function and overall look. Knowing what you want the room to feel like when you are done is very important to your louver selection process. Do you want a contemporary feel, with clean, wide-open windows and big louvers, or are you looking for a traditional feel in the home, with classic double-hung shutters with small louvers? Also, you can’t forget that louver sizes are also important to consider in conjunction with window size, as larger windows need larger shutters.
- Don’t Forget About Installation – Even the best shutters won’t do you any good if they aren’t installed properly. You need a qualified, experienced shutter installation expert to install your shutters according to manufacturer requirements to make sure they work well, look good, and are under warranty.
- Motorization – Your TV, phone, HVAC, and other home items are automated, so why not your shutters? Motorized shutters allow you to open, close, and customize your shutters at the touch of a button. You can program your shutters to tilt at a certain time of day or even to close when it’s time for bed.
- Upgrades – There are many small upgrades you can make to your shutters that will have a large impact on their look and function. For example, pulls, locks and hidden hinges make big differences in safety and style, but really don’t cost that much. You can also invest in larger upgrades like hidden or invisible tilt rods to improve the shutter’s overall look and style.
- Shutters Stay on the Appraisal – Unlike other window coverings, shutters stay on your home appraisal as a hard fixture upgrade. This means that they add long term value to your home, and can even help you recoup the money you spent on them in the years to come.
Shutters are great for most replacement windows. We are here to help if you want more information on choosing Costa Mesa, CA replacement windows or window treatments? Call or visit us today!