Like many people, you’re probably running out of ways to stay occupied while staying safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. And, like many, you’re most likely getting sick of staying inside. How can you spend time outside and stay safe during the pandemic? We know these are unprecedented times, and we will get through this. Try these safe outdoor activities, like testing your green thumb or caring for the replacement windows on your Orange County, CA home.
Here are a few tips to help make these days productive and not so boring:
- Take Care of Your Windows – How clean are your windows and window shutters? Get outside in the sunshine and fresh air to clean them! You can even go a step further and pressure wash your patio, driveway, gutters, and outdoor furniture for a whole new level of clean. After you clean your windows and window shutters, give them a once-over for other finishing touches. Do they need a new coat of paint? New hardware? Complete the task and you’ll feel a lot better about your home.
- Mess Around with the Garden – Whether or not you’ve been a gardener in the past, now’s the time to reinvigorate or simply test out your green thumbs. Even simple gardening tasks like spreading mulch, trimming, weeding, and planting new flowers can not only give your outdoor space a facelift but can also lift your spirits with some much-needed outdoor time and vitamin D. Look around your yard, garden, or outdoor space and take inventory. What needs some attention? Could you plant new shrubs or flowers?
- Play am Outdoor Game – Let your inner child run free with some outdoor games. Go nuts with classics like hopscotch, sidewalk chalk, tag, hide and seek, or skipping rope. Experiment with more challenging pastimes like croquet, horseshoes, badminton, or bocce ball. If yard games aren’t your thing, bring some board games out to your patio to play in the sunshine and fresh air.
- Have Fun in Your Neighborhood – We can still be social even if we’re distanced. Plan a scavenger hunt around the block for the local kids, or set up a “drive-by bear hunt,” where kids look for teddy bears in windows or on porches. Put signs on your front door to thank delivery people for keeping you supplied, or signs in your yard thanking others for their service, including healthcare workers, first responders, grocery store employees, and teachers.
- Go Outside – Even if you’re running out of traditional outdoor activities, just take your other activities outside. Do your next workout in the yard or bring your laptop out on the patio to take in the fresh air during a Zoom meeting or brainstorm session. Have dinner or even a snack outside, or make date night feel special by making a picnic in the yard.
Bored inside? These are just a few of the many ways you can stay occupied and productive outside during the pandemic. Get in touch with us today if you want more tips on home improvement or Orange County, CA replacement windows.