Dangling cords from window treatments are some of the biggest causes of injury and fatalities I children. If you have kids, choosing the right kind of window treatments for the replacement windows on your Tustin, CA home isn’t just about style and function. It’s also about safety. While aesthetics, durability, maintenance, and functionality are critical factors, safety should be the primary concern for your window treatments. Learn more about child-safe window coverings to help keep your home a safe place to learn and grow.
Kids can easily and quickly get tangled up in cords like the inner cords in horizontal blinds and Roman shades, continuous loop cords used in vertical and roll-up shades, and even loops created after installation, leading to tragic results. Even knotting or tying up cords doesn’t make them safe, as the knots and ties can make it even easier for little ones to get tangled. So, what can you do? How can you cover your windows? When it comes to safety, cordless window treatments are the best choice. Here is a list of stylish, functional, and safe cordless window treatment options to inspire your choice:
- Motorized Window Coverings – Motorized window treatments like shades, blinds, and shutters are great for safety and function as they are built without cords. Plus, they’re incredibly convenient as they give you complete control with the touch of a button, remote, or even an app on your phone. You can also find motorized window coverings with a system of heat sensors that automatically adjusts the covering as the temperatures change throughout the day, boosting energy efficiency and saving money.
- Shutters – Window shutters are child-safe options with both has classic style and convenient function. Available in different wood and composite materials, plenty of colors, and hundreds of different shapes and styles, it’s easy to find shutters that work with your home décor needs and window shapes.
- Cordless Blinds – Instead of cords, cordless blinds use a hidden lift mechanism to raise and lower the blind. All you have to do is push up on the blind to open or pull it down to close. They have a sleek, clean, and modern look and are incredibly easy to operate.
- Roller Shades – Roller shades work alone and when paired with other window treatments like curtains. They come in lots of different colors, textures, and fabrics to match your décor and offer various light filtering and room darkening options that provide just the amount of light control you need. The best part? They’re cord free!
- Cellular Shades – Cellular shades’ honeycomb design saves energy, is cordless for safety, and makes controlling light easy even from hard-to-reach windows. from even the most difficult window to reach. What’s more, you can find cellular shades in a variety of colors and textures.
Don’t take a chance on cords. Pick the safest products available for your Tustin, CA replacement windows. We are here to help if you want more tips on home safety, replacement windows, or choosing the best window coverings for your windows.