Windows have come a long way from what they used to be. Investing in replacement windows in Huntington Beach, CA is a great way to enjoy more comfort, higher energy efficiency, more convenience, and even a higher home value. However, your windows still need regular maintenance in order to perform at peak function and look their best for years to come. And this maintenance includes regular cleaning.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of regularly cleaning your windows:
- Increased Energy Efficiency – The dirtier your windows are, the less energy efficient they can become. This is because tiny scratches in the window glass from dirt and debris can make the window glass less insulative, and therefore reduce the window’s overall efficiency.
- Aesthetics – Dirty windows are unsightly, there’s no way around it. From dirt and dust to grime and cobwebs, dirty windows look bad from both the inside and outside of your home.
- Protection from Damage – Dirt and other buildups can actually damage your window glass. Even if your windows aren’t visibly dirty, grime and dirt can create tiny scratches on the glass that will ruin your windows permanently. Not only do these scratches look unsightly, but they also cause even more dust and debris to cling to your window.
- More Natural Light – Grime, dirt, and other buildups on windows can block sunlight from entering your home. Not only is natural light beautiful and comforting, but less natural light also means less natural heat when it’s cold outside.
- Protection for Window Accessories – Regularly cleaning your windows will also help protect your window accessories, like flower boxes, shutters, and other coverings, from damage. The more cobwebs and grime cover your window, the more cobwebs and grime will cover your accessories.
Do you know often should you clean your replacement windows?
The common rule of thumb for residential windows is cleaning twice a year. But this number can go up depending on if you live on a busy street with lots of dust or if there are lots of trees with pollen in your yard. You also need to consider your climate and environment when scheduling window cleanings, as some areas might necessitate more frequent cleanings than others.
Think about if there’s new construction, how often you clean your screens, if you live by a busy street, if there are lots of trees and pollen in your area, if there is lots of high wind, or if you recently remodeled your home when planning how often you will clean your windows:
Cleaning your windows regularly will help keep them beautiful, efficient, and well-functioning for years to come. Plus, this chore will also help your home seem cleaner, brighter, and more pleasant.
Cunningham Doors & Windows is here to help if you want to learn more about window cleaning, window maintenance, or how long replacement windows last. After all, your home is only as good as its windows. Stop by and visit us or give us a call today.