Want to improve your home without the time or expense of a major renovation? If you’re willing to invest a little elbow grease, there are tons of ways you can make your home better without spending a ton of money. From installing treatments on your replacement windows on your Costa Mesa, CA home to changing your light bulbs, here are super easy DIY home improvement ideas:
- Give Your Window Treatments Some Love – Window treatments are great, but they can get dirty if left unattended. A quick way to make your home feel like new again is to clean your window treatments. You can even repaint or re-stain shutters or shades if you want to add a new pop of color.
- Update Your Furniture – A brand new couch is pricey, but reupholstering your existing couch just takes a few hours and some creativity. You can update other furniture, too, like chairs and tables with a new stain or coat of paint.
- Install Shelves – If you have a random wall or corner in your home that you don’t quite know what to do with, install some shelves. Floating shelves are easy to install, and they look very chic. Plus, it’s a safe bet that you could use a little more storage.
- Change Dated Fixtures – Its incredible how much changing fixtures can change a room. Whether you’re updating frosted glass pendant lights or ripping out nasty old ceiling fans in lieu of more modern ones, spend the weekend changing your dated fixtures for a quick home update.
- Add Greenery – Plants, flowers and other greenery always add life and color to a space. Worried about watering? Buy some fake plants!
- Organize Cords – Cords hanging off the TV, tangled by the nightstand, or snaking around your desk look plain messy. Clear away and organize your cords by investing in some cheap cord organizers and power strips.
- Organize Your Closets – Cleaning out and organizing your closet doesn’t take any money, tools, or gadgets, but it can make a huge difference in your home. Sort your garments and other items into three piles: keep, donate, and throw away.
- Do Some Painting – Few things update a space more than a fresh coat of paint. You can totally change the color of a room for a super new look, or you can just give the existing color a refresh.
- Make Space for Your Pet – Your furry friend deserves a space all his own, and you deserve a home that’s free from pet clutter. Take some time on your weekend to carve out a dedicated space for your pet and all his accessories.
- Clean Tile and Grout – Nothing makes a bathroom or kitchen seem older and dirtier than stained grout or tile. Buy a cheap tile and grout refreshing kit at your local hardware store or online and spend the afternoon scrubbing. It might take some elbow grease, but your kitchen and bathroom will look good as new.
Cunningham Doors & Windows is here to help if you want more DIY tips or information on Costa Mesa, CA replacement windows. After all, sometimes it’s the smallest of changes in your home that make the biggest impacts.