A new house is wonderful, but it might not yet feel like a home. How can you make a new house feel like a home? From adding the right décor and storage solutions to bringing in new light with replacement windows in Orange, CA, here are tips for making your house more homey:
- Get Comfy With The Right Décor – Your home should be welcoming and comfortable, and nothing increases comfort quite like throw pillows, throw blankets, and other soft, textured items. You can make your couch and chairs perfect for cuddling by tossing on a few extra pillows or adding a cozy throw blanket and some large floor pillows to make a snug little nest on the floor for movie night. As a bonus, cushioned chairs, sofas, and floor fabrics are safer for kids as they minimize the harm from rough play or falling down.
- Explore Open Concept Plans – Open concept floor plans helps a house feel more open and inviting, as they don’t have lots of walls to break up the spaces. You don’t need a ton of cash to make it happen for your house, just a few creative projects. For example, move the big furniture pieces in your living room to widen the space, set shelves and other decorative pieces at the borders of room, and hang mirrors to make spaces feel larger and more open.
- Frame Your Special Memories – Your house won’t feel like a home until you put out personal photographs, art, and other special items. Cover the walls with snaps from vacations, family portraits, and paintings by your favorite artists and fill the shelves with treasures you’ve collected over the years like family heirlooms, memories, and more.
- Bring In More Light With Replacement Windows – Older windows can be beautiful, but they can also be dark and drafty. Invest in new replacement windows to lighten your home and make it more comfortable. New windows often have bigger expanses of glass to allow for unobstructed views of the outdoors, which makes your house feel homier. They are almost always more energy efficient, which helps reduce your energy spending and helps keep your home at a more comfortable temperature by preventing energy loss and creating a more balanced indoor climate.
- Consider Function – Beyond feeling comfortable and looking nice, your home also needs to be functional. For example, make sure the fabrics you choose for rugs, couches, and chairs are all durable, washable, and long-lasting. You also need to be sure to add plenty of storage solutions, whether that means toy buckets in the living room, bins in the basement, or baskets in the pantry. The more storage solutions you have, the tidier your home will look.
While the new space is wonderful on its own, it most likely needs some finishing touches to make it feel like your home. Do you want more home tips or information on Orange, CA replacement windows? We are happy to offer our services. Call or visit us today!