Are you expecting? There are so many things to think about when decorating a nursery, but you can’t forget the window coverings as they are key to style, safety, and longevity for the replacement windows in your Tustin, CA nursery. You’ll want to purchase items that look good, keep your little one safe, and grow with your child. Where do you start? These tips are here to help you make the decision.
Safety is the most important aspect of any covering you choose for your nursery windows. If your nursery already has window treatments, take a look at them through the lens of safety: Are they hazardous for babies or small children? Do they present choking or strangling hazards with long cords? Are they heavy if they fall down? If your existing treatments don’t meet your safety standards, replace them with safer options.
Need some inspiration? Here is a list of child-friendly, safe, and stylish window treatments for your nursery:
- Motorized Window Coverings – Motorized window coverings like shades and shutters are safe for kids as they remove the danger of cords. As a bonus, they’re also very convenient as all it takes is the push of a button to open or close them. You can even program some models to open or close at specific times of day, like naptime or bedtime.
- Window Shutters – Shutters are practical and stylish. As they don’t have cords, they’re safe for both pets and children. They also make it easy to customize the light coming in through the windows as well as the privacy. Finally, shutters are timelessly charming and will look adorable with any nursery design. You can choose from real wood shutters that add a distinctive look or composite shutters for ease of cleanup, and both are very durable.
- Drapes – Drapes and valences offer timeless appeal. They can easily be customized to prevent your baby or pets from becoming tangled in them and come in a variety of fabrics and colors to suit your exact needs.
- Cordless Window Shades – Cordless shade designs are both pet and child safe as they don’t have cords for little ones to get wrapped up in.
- Cellular Shades – Combining energy efficiency and a simple design, cellular shades are great options for nurseries. They have a honeycomb design that helps regulate the room’s temperature so your little one stay comfy and cozy. They are also easily customized to fit any window shape or room design.
- Blackout Shades – If your little one is a light sleeper, blackout shades are a great option. These window treatments block out light so your baby or toddler can get a good nap or night’s rest, no matter how sunny it is outside.
It’s easy to balance safety, style, and function for the window treatments in your nursery. Want more tips on Tustin, CA replacement windows and window coverings? Call or visit us today to learn more about how we can help with your windows and home.