You know you need treatments for the replacement windows on your Orange, CA home, but what about your sliding glass doors?
Sliding doors are great as they give you easy access to your outdoor space and bring in lots of natural light. However, if left uncovered, they can cause some serious issues like sunlight exposure and privacy. While natural light is lovely, too much of it can damage the inside of your home. For example, it can fade your carpets or your artwork. Too much sunlight can also make your home too warm and increase your energy spending. The grand expanse of glass your sliding door offers is great for seeing out, but it also helps people see in. Privacy can be a big issue with sliding glass doors or even replacement windows.
What can you do? Put window coverings on your sliding glass doors and you’ll solve these issues and enjoy your doors. Here are the best options:
- Vertical Blinds – Vertical blinds are good for sliding glass doors because they flow from side to side rather than top to bottom, allowing you to open the close the door as needed. They are also hung from sturdy headrails that keep them aligned with the door. Vertical blinds can also tilt, right draw, left draw, and split draw to control the sunlight and privacy. There are even cordless models for child and pet safety.
- Vertical Cellular Shades – Similar to vertical blinds, vertical cellular shades have honeycomb pockets arranged in a vertical pattern. These pockets help insulate the doors to prevent cool air from entering or escaping your home. They also come in different opacities so you can control how much natural light and privacy you have.
- Shutters – Plantation shutters are a timeless window covering option for sliding glass doors. The louvres can be manipulated to fully open, fully closed, or anywhere in between so you can customize how much light and privacy you get. Shutters are also highly insulating. Look for bi-fold shutters for your doors as they are hinged in the middle and fold accordion-style to open. Bypass-style shutters are also great for sliding doors because they are made from panels that slide on a track and stack neatly behind one another for a well-ordered look.
- Drapes – Drapes are very traditional coverings for sliding doors as they can be pulled fully to the side to allow you to open the door or they can be pulled shut for light control and privacy. You can also add lots of style with drapes as they come in many different fabrics, colors, and patterns. For extra coverage, you can layer your drapes with shades or blinds.
- Sliding Panel Track Blinds – These modern coverings consist of oversized, overlapping panels that can be pushed to one side or closed over a sliding door. They come in a large selection of modern fabrics that add personality to your living spaces.
Do you want more tips on coverings for sliding glass doors or Orange, CA replacement windows? We are here to help! Call or visit us today.