Getting replacement windows and doors for your Orange, CA home is a great investment for both your home’s function and style and your comfort. If you’re spending the money on replacement doors and windows, why not go all the way with new, advanced features?
Use the following list of brand new window and door features and style ideas to inspire you to make your replacement windows and doors the best they can be.
- Fingertip Control – The new biometric SmartScan lock opens your windows and doors at the touch of a finger. This smart scanner is battery powered and can remember up to 50 fingers, so everyone on your list can get in without keys. You can even program it for unlimited or temporary access to let in workmen when you’re not home.
- Password Protected – Ditch the key and install a password door keypad. These locks open with 4 digit access codes, and work on deadbolts for exterior doors and latches for interior doors.
- Bronze – Bronze is in for doors and windows. Customize your home with a bronze-clad look with andonized aluminum. This new material is weatherproof and durable so it won’t chip or fade. Check out finishes in black, copper, clear, champagne and three different shades of bronze.
- Advanced Double Hung – New technology’s given us efficient, highly insulating double hung windows. Weighted sashes, pulleys, and chains are custom-built for each project using a variety of materials to make these advanced windows a great investment.
- Disappearing Screens – Pull these screens up when the window is open, or roll them away and out of sight when the window is closed. This is especially handy if you want to block bugs, but don’t want to look at ugly metal screens when your window is closed. You can even get a remote-control version for even more convenience.
- Invisible Screens – TruScene windows block bugs without ugly, old-fashioned screens. These micro-fine steel mesh screens catch the smallest bugs, but are practically invisible to the naked eye.
- Rustic – Vintage and rustic is in, so make your new windows and doors on trend by adding a Prohibition-era “speakeasy grille” that slides out of the way to reveal only the eyeballs of the inhabitants, or a medieval clavos for even more originality.
- Built In Brackets – Get ready for a storm with hide-away interior brackets. These recessed brackets can hold plywood in place during bad weather, but fold away completely when not in use.
- Shatterproof – Go with new three-layer glass for your windows and doors to resist shattering. Made with a shatter resistant polymer core surrounded by glass on both sides, this pane material can hold up to blows from a 9-pound 2×4 shot from a cannon at 50 feet per second.
Whether you go with any of the above 9 ideas, or get creative on your own, upgrading your Orange, CA replacement windows and doors is always a good idea, and Cunningham Doors & Windows can help. Visit our showroom at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705 or give us a call at (714) 258-2500 for more information.