From a new coat of paint to new replacement windows, you can make your Costa Mesa, CA home look more expensive or valuable than it really is. Elevating your home’s interior design can be one of the most satisfying parts of being a homeowner as it not only helps your home look better, but it can also make your home more valuable and leave you feeling proud of all your hard work. Whether you have guests coming who you want to impress or you just want to refresh your home, there’s no time like the present to make your house look its best. Here are some easy ways you can improve the interior of your home to make it look more luxurious. These are just a few tips to help your home look the best it can:
- Windows – Old, dingy windows make your home look dated and unloved. But fresh replacement windows? They always look chic and expensive. Investing in replacement windows will also help you spend less money on your energy bill and will help keep your home at a more comfortable temperature. Window treatments have a big impact on a space’s overall feel, and those old ones you got back in college aren’t doing your house any favors. Elevate your indoor décor with fresh new window treatments like timeless shutters, modern motorized shades, or ultra-chic blinds.
- Faux Built Ins – Built in bookcases are endlessly elegant, giving any home that expensive look. But true built ins can be very pricey. Luckily, you can get that built-in look with floor-to-ceiling bookcases in the same color as your wall. Buy a few bookcases and place them side by side for a complete look, then finish them off with carefully places books and other decoration items.
- Decorative Molding – Crown molding is one of the hallmark signs of a valuable home, but finding homes with vintage crown molding can be tough. Give your home an expensive-looking facelift by adding in your own decorative molding. A quick trip to the home renovation store for some wood, paint, and lots of careful measuring are all you need.
- Fresh Flowers – Nature is lovely, so why not use it as art? Fill your home with fresh greenery and flowers for a sophisticated, calming vibe. Keep the arrangements simple for maximum affect, and don’t be afraid to play with different stems and colors for a new look. You can even go outside in your yard and pick a few long branches for a minimalist look!
- Clean and Declutter – Decluttering really breathes new life into your home as it allows your gaze to follow the home’s natural lines and architectural features. Even better, a clean home is a serene, comfortable home. And what’s more luxurious than serenity and comfort? Begin by putting extra items away in cabinets or boxes to clear space for your décor to really shine. If you miss those items after six months, bring them back out.