The holidays might be over, but that doesn’t mean that your home will be guest-free. In fact, many people loving traveling and visiting friends and family in the spring and summer months. What does that mean? From clearing out space in the closet to installing new treatments on the replacement windows on your Costa Mesa, CA home, you need to get your guest room ready.
It oftentimes feels like a chore to have to prep your home and your guest room before you have people come to stay with you. However, your guests will greatly appreciate having a clean, comfortable, and welcoming space in which they can relax when they come for a visit. That’s where these tips come in:
- Install Window Treatments – Most people like to sleep in complete darkness and also appreciate privacy. So, you need to make sure that your guest room replacement windows have proper treatments, like shutters. Shutters offer both light control and privacy, plus, they’re also very stylish and charming.
- Clear Out the Closet and Drawers – If your guests are going to stay for more than a couple of days, they will need some space for their stuff. No one wants to live out of a suitcase for longer than necessary. Make sure your guests feel welcome by clearing out the dresser and nightstand drawers as well as the closet.
- Make an Amenity Basket – People often forget to bring necessities. So, make like a fancy hotel and prepare an amenity basket for your guests with handy items like disposable toothbrushes, over-the-counter medication, and other common toiletries.
- Invest in a Good Bed – No one wants to sleep on an old, creaky, uncomfortable bed! Make sure your guests get a good night’s sleep by investing in a good bed for your guest room. You don’t have to break the bank buying a fancy mattress but do purchase a quality mattress with plenty of support and a strong, sturdy bedframe that won’t squeak. Since it’s hard to predict who will want a firm bed and who will want a soft bed, choose a mattress that’s somewhere in the middle.
- Fresh Flowers – Fresh flowers add color and lovely fragrance to any room. Plus, adding a vase of fresh flowers shows your guests how much you care as it’s a very thoughtful gesture. You can easily pick up a premade bouquet at your local grocery store or you can build your own with fresh stems.
- Choose Quality Bedding – You can’t have a comfortable bed without comfortable bedding! Plus, nothing makes a room more welcoming or relaxing than a bed with soft, clean linens, fluffy pillows, and warm comforters. Take inspiration from fancy hotels and furnish your guest room bed with luxurious white cotton sheets and a matching white duvet. White might seem like a bad idea since it stains, but white sheets and white duvet covers are easy to bleach in case of spills. Don’t forget the fluffy pillows!