While there are a lot of reasons to install replacement windows in your Orange, CA home, one big one is for security. No one likes to think about it, but home invasion and burglary are big risks. Why not do everything you can to reduce those risks?
Your home’s windows can easily become unsecure over time, giving burglars easy access to your home. Keep an eye out for signs that your windows are unsafe like:
- Your windows are older and don’t close properly or are loose.
- They have damage or other signs of problems, like cracks or breaks in the glass, rust, or rot.
- People on the street, in the yard or on the sidewalk have a clear sightline into your home through your windows.
Its time for a window replacement with security in mind if you see any of these issues with your windows. Most of the time a new window will do the trick and solve these safety issues. However, there are ways you can make your new windows even safer.
When shopping for replacement windows, check out add-ons and adjustments you can choose to make your new windows better equipped to protect your home. Look into things like:
- Tempered Glass – Tempered glass is made with special thermal and chemical treatments to make it almost double as strong as regular glass. Should it break, tempered class with break into small granular shards rather than dangerous, jagged pieces.
- Window bars – Consider adding window bars for added protection. Go with a model that can be released from the inside in case of emergency.
- Laminated Glass – Laminated glass is similar to tempered glass in that it holds together when broken, but it also provides extra noise control so you get less noise pollution from outside in your home. Laminated glass is ideal for windows in bedrooms.
- Extra Locks – The average window comes with a basic lock, but you can increase your window security by investing in an extra lock. Add a locking pin to hung windows, and a bolt to casement windows. Try to buy all the locks from the same manufacturer to make getting replacements and parts easier.
Home invasions or theft aren’t fun to think about, but its much better to prepare for the worst now so you can maybe prevent something bad from happening in the future. Install replacement windows with added safety features to make your home safer now and for years to come.
If you want to learn more about window safety, or about Orange, CA replacement windows in general, Cunningham Doors & Windows can help. We offer a range of replacement window services and would be happy to help you make your home safer. Please stop by our showroom at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705 to visit us in person, or give us a call at (714) 258-2500 to schedule an appointment or get more information.