California homeowners can’t slack off during the summer, even though the winters aren’t particularly harsh. There are tons of great home improvement projects that are perfect for the summer months. From cleaning your roof to installing new replacement windows on your Orange County, CA home, here are some ideas for summer home improvement projects:
- Roof Repairs – The summer is ideal for repairing the roof. Not only do sunny skies make it easier to be up on the roof, but new shingles need the heat. The summer heat helps bond the new shingles to the old ones for a weathertight seal.
- Upgrade Your Landscaping – Yardwork gives you major bang for your buck as a pretty yard can make your home look amazing. A few simple hours of weeding, replanting, and mowing can make a huge difference in curb appeal and even value. Plus, getting out in the sun and caring for your outdoor space is great exercise.
- Clean Your Gutters – Summer storms are no joke, so take the time to clean or replace your gutters. A simple cleaning can make a big difference in a rainstorm.
- Replace Your Entry Doors – A brand new door might not seem like a big deal, but it can have a huge impact on your home’s energy efficiency and curb appeal. The process of installing a new door doesn’t take all that long, but its best done in the summertime to avoid letting in drafts and moisture.
- Install Replacement Windows – While the winter will tell you which windows need replacing (thank you, drafty winds), the summer is the best time to invest in and install replacement windows. The work is easiest on the installation team and homeowners when the weather is mild, plus you’ll notice the energy saving benefits right away when your air conditioning bill goes down.
- Clean, Stain and Protect Your Porch – If you have a wood deck or porch the summer is the time to spruce it up a bit. Cleaning and re-staining your porch can help boost your home’s curb appeal and make sure it lasts another wet season. All you need is a few cans of stain and a few hours of sunshine.
- Replace or Repaint Your Siding – The siding on your home makes a big impact on its curb appeal and value, so take advantage of the summer sun to give your siding some love. If you have vinyl siding, give it a good power wash to clear away dirt. If you have wood siding, try repainting it. You can even invest in new siding if you have the budget and the inspiration.
- Add Outdoor Lighting – Make your deck or porch even better with some outdoor lights. Lanterns, patio lights, or bistro string lights add a lovely ambiance to an outdoor space, and installing them only takes a few hours.
Cunningham Doors & Windows is here to help if you want more inspiration for your windows and home? We are an Orange County, CA replacement window expert. Call or visit us today to learn more.