With energy efficiency, user-friendly design and superior ventilation, sliding windows are a great addition to any home. If you’re looking into replacement windows for your Orange, CA home, sliding just might be the right fit.
Sliding windows, or gliding windows, are mad with sashes that move right or left in a single frame. There are two main types of sliding windows: two-lite and three-lite. Two-lite sliding windows have two independent sashes that slide left to right, making them ideal for maximum ventilation and super easy cleaning. Three-lite sliding windows, on the other hand, have two independent sashes on either side of a fixed center sash.
Sliding replacement windows are best placed in rooms in which you want an unobstructed view of the outdoors, or extra ventilation. Sliding windows are also often found in rooms, areas or spaces that are hard to reach, like above a kitchen sink or a bathtub, as they are easy to open from left to right rather than top to bottom. You can also use sliding windows in window openings that are wider than they are tall.
You get a lot of benefits with sliding windows, from easy cleaning and large space coverage to low profiles, double lock cams, and even lowered energy bills. They also offer benefits such as:
- Unobstructed Views – Sliding windows are usually wider than they are tall. This wide design gives you a large, horizontal view of the outdoors, rather than the more narrow vertical view you get with standard windows. Also, the larger the sliding window, the more natural light you’ll be able to enjoy inside your home.
- Security – Sliding windows commonly come with double lock cams, offering homeowners better security and therefore more peace of mind.
- Simple, Easy Use – These replacement windows are known for being user-friendly. This is the case because you only have to slide one side of the window open, while the other stays stationary, which requires less force and an easier angle. Sliding windows can sometimes be opened or closed with the push of a finger, depending on what kind of roller that the window sash slides on. Because of this feature, these windows are usually found in spaces where it may be difficult to reach the window.
- Ventilation – Some sliding windows can be slid open on both sides, allows both panels to be wide open for even more ventilation.
- Energy Efficiency – Sliding windows are fairly simple in design, thereby eliminating complicated elements that could break easily or malfunction, leaving your home unprotected against drafts. Sliding windows can also be ordered with energy efficient glass, making them even more beneficial to your monthly energy bills.
If you want to learn more about sliding style replacement windows, or have questions about Orange, CA replacement windows in general, Cunningham Doors & Windows is here to help. We offer a wide range of premium, expert replacement window services from 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705. Please give us a call at (714) 258-2500 today to learn more.