If you want replacement windows for your post-nuptial home in Orange, CA, add them to your wedding registry! You can include whatever you want or need in your registry, from replacement windows and other home improvement items to cash for your honeymoon and more.
One of the most fun and exciting parts of getting engaged is being able to register for all those awesome wedding gifts. But creating a good wedding registry can be tough. Where do you start? What can you add? Use these tips to make sure that your wedding registry is just as great as your big day:
- Look at the Items in Person – While online shopping is super convenient, take some time to see any registry items you can in person. That way, you’ll be able to determine if they’re good fits for your home and your needs. Plus, you might be surprised at what you do and don’t like in person. This is especially true when it comes to big ticket items like replacement windows or other home improvement pieces.
- Be True to Yourselves – It’s easy to get swept up in the fun of making a registry and add all kinds of stuff that you won’t really use. While that random art piece is cool, do you really need it? Do you really want it?
- Start Early – Generally, it’s a good idea to have your registry set up before you send out your Save the Dates. This way, guests have plenty of time to plan for which gift they want to buy.
- Think About Budget – Everyone attending the wedding will have different budgets for gifts, so register for items with that in mind. Build a registry with low-end, medium, and high-end items so there’s something for everyone to buy.
- Consider Your Space – Don’t just register for random stuff! Consider your home and what you really need. Do you have room for all the awesome items you registered for? Will you really use them? If you have a smaller home, consider registering for experiences like massages, concerts, trips, or dance lessons.
- Try a Hold Registry – A hold registry allows guests to purchase items, but they don’t get shipped right away. Purchased items are instead placed in a queue so you can control when and where they’re shipped. This is especially helpful if you’re moving to a new home after the wedding and would rather the gifts sent there.
- Don’t Shy Away from Timeless Pieces – Now is your chance to get rid of that old Ikea plates from college and get some timeless, high-quality pieces you can enjoy for years to come. Think about nice serving ware you can use for holidays and special occasions or any other item that is made to last a lifetime.
- Keep an Eye on Things – Look at your registry at least once a month to see what’s been purchased and if you have enough items available in every price point.