How do you prepare your house for a sale? In order to maximize the amount of money you get for your home, you should check some things off your to-do like, like fixing it up a bit, giving it a deep clean, or adding Orange, CA replacement windows.
Here is a list of the best things to do in order to get your house ready to sell:
- Clean Up the Curb Appeal – How your house appears from the outside, or its curb appeal, plays a big role in how it will sell. Taking the time to boost the curb appeal can only increase your resale value. Get a pressure washer and clean off the sidewalks, siding, front porch, driveway, and front door to get rid of dust, cobwebs, dirt, and other grime and spend some time freshening your landscaping by getting new plants, pruning your old ones, and mowing the lawn.
- Invest In New Appliances – Old and clunky appliances bring down your home’s value because of their appearance, function, and the investment they represent. While getting new appliances will eat into your moving budget, it might help you make more money on your sale.
- Deep Clean Everything – No one wants to move into a dirty house. Deep clean everything you can to make your home look and smell better for potential buyers. Take time in every room of the house, but focus on kitchen counters, cabinets, and appliances, bathroom showers, sinks, and toilets, and all the floors and carpets. You can go the extra mile and take a pass at your garage, too. While you’re cleaning, rearrange furniture to open rooms to traffic and make rooms appear larger and declutter shelves to get rid of extra books or knickknacks.
- Fix The Small Things – All the little broken things around your house can add up to a lot of lost money for a prospective buyer. Take the time to fix them now to make your home more attractive. Look to fix up things like broken light fixtures or dim bulbs, leaky faucets, broken outlets or switches, old gutters, and broken shingles.
- Replace Windows – Depending on how old your home is, your windows might be old, too. And old windows are drafty, energy efficient, and often unattractive. You can give your home’s value a major boost by replacing your windows for newer, more efficient models. Not only do new windows boost curb appeal, they also can make your home’s interior look better by allowing in more natural light.
- Add a Fresh Coat of Paint – Fresh paint makes home appear more inviting and helps hide scuffs, scratches, and other marks of living. Consider choosing more neutral colors when repainting before selling, as neutral colors make it easier for potential buyers to imagine living in the home themselves.
Do you have more questions about getting your home ready for a sale or on replacement windows in Orange, CA? We are here to help. Please stop by and visit us or give us a call today.