Modern homes are both trendy and timeless. With mixes of geometric patterns, neutral colors, and low-profile décor elements, you can’t go wrong with a modern style home. But how do you dress the replacement windows in your modern Costa Mesa, CA home?
Use this list of window treatments to inspire your modern home.
- Motorized Window Coverings – What’s more modern than motorization? Motorized window coverings, like shades or shutters, are versatile, convenient, and modern. They allow you to control the amount of light coming into your space with the touch of a button, remote, or even on a set timer. They also reduce your energy usage by adjusting the window coverings when the temperature in the room gets too warm or too cold and keep your furniture from fading by closing the coverings when it’s too sunny.
- Window Shutters – Window shutters might be considered too traditional for a modern home, but when used properly, they can be very modern. Try window shutters in sleek modern colors like black, grey, or white or make them feel modern by pairing them with streamlined drapes or shades.
- Mix Shades and Drapery Panels – While drapes might seem old-fashioned, they work well in modern homes when paired with more modern window treatments like shades. Layer different styles of shades and drapery panels to complement your window frame and block or let in light as needed. You can also try long drapery panels that extend beyond the window frame for lots of soft texture.
- Shades – Shades offer a softer touch to your modern home. You can let the shades stand alone or pair them with curtains for a layered look. And, since they come in a variety of fabrics and styles, it’s easy to find shades that work with your preferences. For example, pleated shades work very well in modern homes. Pleated shades are perfect for modern homes in neutral hues like gray, white, and beige. As a bonus, they add a calming air and make it easy to let in natural light.
- Drapes – Drapes are soft and sophisticated, providing the perfect foil to hard modern lines. Try floor-to-ceiling drape panels for bedrooms and living room or to cover more than one window. If you’re using drapes by themselves, choose an opaquer fabric to block out light when needed. You can also try motorized drapes to open and close them with the touch of a button.
- Roller Shades – When you want a bolder finish for your modern home, roller shades are the way to go. They’re available in a wide range of patterns including geometric and graphic designs to complement neutral walls and black and white artwork. You can also find them in sold neutrals like black, white, and ivory. When paired with custom cornices or drapery panels, they can be the perfect solution for windows of various heights and sizes.
It’s easy to find the perfect window covering to finish your modern home. We are here to help if you want more tips on Costa Mesa, CA replacement windows or window treatments. Call or visit us today.