Many homeowners aren’t really sure when, if ever, they need to invest in replacement windows in Huntington Beach. However, it’s not as tough as it may seem at first. All you need to do is look out for your home’s warning signs that it’s time for new windows. These signs might include:
- High Energy Bills – Old, drafty windows can increase your energy bills by 10 to 20 percent. If you see your energy bills climb higher and higher, your windows might be trying to tell you its time to be replaced. Replacing your old windows with new, energy-efficient ones can greatly reduce both your heating and cooling bills. Also, new energy-efficient windows can greatly increase your home’s value if you ever want to sell.
- Brakes, Warping, or other Damages – It’s easy to see when your windows are damaged in some way. High temperatures or large amounts of humidity and moisture can warp your windows, while extreme weather, the passage of time, or mal-use can break your windows. It’s sometimes possible to repair a broken window rather than replace it, but only if the problem is minor. Broken hardware, old weather-stripping, or old paint can all be repaired. However, replacing a warped, damaged or broken sash or frame is almost always a better choice than attempting a repair.
- Lowered Curb Appeal – Your windows are one of your home’s most prominent features. Beautiful, well-maintained windows make your home look beautiful, while old and worn windows make your home look old and worn. Take a look at your windows. Keep an eye out for old screens, warped frames, fading color, or outdated storm windows. Replacement windows can instantly add curb appeal to your home. Upgrade your architecture with a personalized window design, or install larger windows to increase your home’s natural light.
- Recent Renovations – Historic homes are beautiful, but the years might be hiding nasty secrets in the windows. Replacing old windows on a historic home is an excellent way to increase the home’s lifespan without detracting from the home’s overall look and feel. You can even install historically accurate replacement windows with a little customization. Don’t let your historic home’s look and feel be hidden by old, malfunctioning windows.
- Nasty Weather – California might not see a lot of severe weather, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be prepared. Extreme weather can really do a number on windows. If your home has recently gone through a storm, take a closer look at your windows. It might be a good idea to replace them with sturdier, more weatherproof options.
If you see any of the above warning signs or are in any of the situations, it might be time to replace your windows. If you’re still unsure if you need new windows, or are ready to take the Irvine, CA replacement window plunge, our window replacement experts can help. Please pay us a visit at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705, or give us a call at (714) 258-2500 today.