Updating your home can get expensive. From getting new furniture to new treatments for your replacement windows in Orange, CA, the costs add up fast. If you’re looking to refresh your home but want to save money, thrift stores are the key.
If you do it right, thrift store home décor can be just as gorgeous as full-priced, brand-new items. In fact, most thrift store décor can be even more stunning and special because it’s truly unique. If you’re interested in decorating your home with thrift store finds, these tips are here to help:
- Make a Plan – You should make a clear plan for your budget, style, color palate, and specific before you even step foot in a thrift store. This way, your shopping will be guided and clear, so you don’t waste time looking at items you don’t need or waste money on things that don’t work with your vision. Also, try writing down the list of things you need. This will go a long way towards keeping yourself and your search organized.
- Keep an Eye Out for Great Finds – There are certain items that are incredible thrift store finds, like frames. You should also look for vases, furniture, and potential centerpiece items like baskets, crates, candlesticks, and decorative bowls. China, flatware, and glassware are other amazing finds. Even if they’re mismatched, you can still create a stunning table scape or mantle layout. Finally, keep an eye out for window treatments to complete your replacement windows. Thrift stores are fabulous for having white fabrics, which are very trendy for drapes and curtains. Just make sure to check for stains first.
- Paint is Your Friend – Don’t shy away from thrift store items that aren’t the right color as paint is a quick, easy, and affordable fix. Many thrift store items like vases, bowls, furniture and more can be painted so they all have the same color for a cohesive look. You can even paint thrift store shutters or window frames.
- Don’t Give Up Easily – Don’t be discouraged if you didn’t find what you were looking for at the first thrift store, or even the third. You often have to wade through a lot of junk to find those incredible finds. Try out all the stores in your area, or even go on a day trip to check out stores that might be a bit further away.
- Didn’t Find What You Were Looking For? – Don’t worry if you didn’t find everything you wanted at the thrift stores. You can always shop on sites like Etsy to round out your décor and fill any gaps. You can also try buying from other people in your community. Ask friends or family members who recently redid their homes if they have any décor you could buy. You can also check Facebook groups and other websites that sell used décor such as table runners, linens, vases, archways, mirrors, and more.
Want more tips on maximizing your savings and returns on your home improvement or Orange, CA replacement windows? We are here to help. Call or visit us today.