If you’re thinking about getting rid of your current windows and investing in replacement windows for your Laguna Hills, CA home, you probably want a bit more information before you get started. One big piece of the puzzle is how your new windows will be installed. How long will it take? What do you have to do to prepare? What kind of a mess will it create? Read on to answer these questions, and to get a better idea of how replacement windows are installed.
Every homeowner, including you, should be excited about new windows, not stressed about the process. That’s why most window contractors start off by giving the details of their specific installation process. While there are always deviations from contractor to contractor, some steps always remain the same:
- Brief Rundown – You can expect a call or email from your contractor in the days or weeks before your installation to confirm the appointment, and to give you a brief rundown of what to expect.
- Your Preparation – Make sure to do you part to prepare your home. Do this by removing any blinds, curtains or other window treatments from the old windows, moving furniture or items away from the work area, and clearing pathways from the doors to the work areas. Anything you can do to prepare your home before the crew arrives will help make the processes faster and easier.
- Crew Preparation – Once the crew arrives, they will place drop clothes around the work area to catch debris and dust from the installation.
- Old Window Removal – The crew then removes the old windows while taking care to maintain the window opening and the surrounding area.
- Prepare For New Windows – Once the old windows are out, the installers clean the opening and place the new windows.
- Sealing and Insulation – After the new window is carefully put into place, the crew insulates and seals the frame into its new home. The insulation is one of the most important parts of your replacement window, as it will help keep the cold air and moisture outside, saving you money on energy costs.
- Clean Up – The crew will remove old windows, clear away debris, and fold up the drop clothes to leave your home as clean as possible.
- Inspection – Generally, a supervisor or lead crewmember will perform one final inspection of the new windows to insure quality and proper installation. This is your chance to ask any final questions.
Window installation times can vary greatly depending on weather, number of windows, and the condition of the old windows. However, most projects take one to two days.
If you want to learn more about replacement window installation, or have more questions about Laguna Hills, CA replacement windows in general, Cunningham Doors & Windows can help. We have years of industry experience we would be happy to put at your disposal. You can visit us at our showroom, located at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705, or give us a call at (714) 258-2500.