Choosing a venue for your engagement party is large part of the planning process. The easiest choice is hosting the party at your home. Use these tips, like installing replacement windows on your Tustin, CA home and deciding on a theme, to help make sure your at-home engagement party is successful, festive, and fun.
- The Guest List – You don’t have to invite everyone that you’re inviting to the wedding to your engagement party, but generally people only invite those that will be invited to the wedding to the engagement party. Again, though, this tradition can be changed if there are out of town guests or friends that won’t be able to make the ceremony but still want to celebrate with you. Also, if a friend or family member is hosting, they can invite friends or business associates of their own.
- The Host – Traditionally the parents of the engaged couple hosts the engagement party, however you can choose whoever you want to host yours. You can host it yourself, pick another loved one or family member, or keep things traditional and let the parents take the reins. Keep in mind, whoever is hosting generally foots the bill.
- The Wardrobe – Many brides are choosing to wear more bridal looks to all wedding-associated events, meaning white cocktail dresses, jumpsuits, or even blouses. Be sure to choose a look that goes with the theme and ambiance. For example, if you’re hosting the party in your backyard, jeans would work well. But if you’re having it in your formal dining room, a dress or a skirt would be better.
- The Location– best way to keep the party feeling fancy and festive when you host it at home is to make sure your house is ready to go. Prepare your home for the party by making sure its up-to-date and in shape. Does the bathroom need a fresh coat of paint? Is the kitchen backsplash outdated? Don’t forget to look at your windows. New replacement windows are ideal for bringing in more natural light and making your home feel like new. You also need to make sure your home is nice and clean for the party. Do the cleaning yourself or hiring a cleaning service to make sure every nook and cranny is spotless.
- The Date – Plan an engagement party for within a few months of the proposal. You should give guests at least one month’s notice, so try and get those invites out as soon as you can. The sooner you have the engagement party, the sooner you can begin planning your wedding.
Engagement parties are becoming more and more popular as people want to extend the wedding festivities and really shower the couple with love. Getting engaged is a big deal, and it definitely calls for a celebration. With these tips, your party will be one to remember. Do you want more help on home projects or information on Lockport, MB replacement windows? We are here to help. Call or visit us today to learn more about our services.