While replacement windows in Costa Mesa, CA can be key in keeping your home energy efficient and beautiful, they are also vital for your home security. It’s not fun to think about home security and the potential of break-ins or other problems, but its important to be prepared.
Older, less modern window are oftentimes unsecure, allowing burglars or other people with bad intentions access to your home. How can you tell if your old windows and doors might be potential targets? Look for these signs:
- Your entrances are older, making them vulnerable. If your old windows or doors don’t close properly or are loose, they are a big risk to your home.
- If they have damage or other signs of problems, like cracks or breaks in the glass, rust, or rot, they are calling out for invaders to get in without any trouble.
- Can people outside on the street easily see into your home from your windows or doors? If people on the street can, so can potential burglars.
If you see any of these issues in your windows, it may be time to invest in replacement windows. Not only will they fix these problems on their own, but also you can easily add more features to replacement windows to make them even more secure. Take advantage of the opportunity replacement windows afford you by installing features like:
- Tempered Glass – Tempered glass is made with special thermal and chemical treatments to make it almost double as strong as regular glass. Should it break, tempered class with break into small granular shards rather than dangerous, jagged pieces.
- Window bars – Consider adding window bars for added protection. Go with a model that can be released from the inside in case of emergency.
- Laminated Glass – Laminated glass is similar to tempered glass in that it holds together when broken, but it also provides extra noise control so you get less noise pollution from outside in your home. Laminated glass is ideal for windows in bedrooms.
- Extra Locks – The average window or door comes with a basic lock, but you can increase your window security by investing in an extra lock. Add a locking pin to hung windows, and a bolt to casement windows. Try to buy all the locks from the same manufacturer to make getting replacements and parts easier.
Its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to home security, Take these suggestions seriously, especially if you’re nervous about security.
Are you looking for more information about window security, or help assessing your home? Cunningham Doors & Windows offers a range of Costa Mesa, CA replacement window services, and would be happy to help you. You can pay us a visit at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705 to meet with us in person, or to see some replacement window options for yourself. You can also give us a call at (714) 258-2500 for more information, or to schedule a consultation.