Rather than suffer through a bad home office, make it better with these tips from finding a good desk and getting a better chair to installing replacement windows on your Orange County, CA home:
- Get a Desk that Works – Yes, you need a desk. You can’t keep working at the coffee table forever. You need a desk that will fit to your workday needs, not the other way around. If you mostly work from your laptop, a smaller desk or table works. But if you need a monitor or lots of paper, you will need a bigger surface. Choose a desk that works for you and your workday needs.
- Get Plenty of Light with Replacement Windows – It’s no secret that a natural light is good for you. But did you know if can also help boost your mood and concentration? Make sure your home office has plenty of light by installing the right kind of replacement window and window treatments. Blinds allow you to adjust the amount of light coming into the room while also keeping your space private. Blinds are also ideal for controlling the light to fit your needs. Less light for a video meeting? More light for reading up on a new contract or deal? Done and done. Plus, blinds are very stylish and will add to the comfort of your new home office space.
- Create a Designated Space – It may be fun and comfortable at first to sit in bed with your laptop, but after a while it will be tough to separate “working” from “off time”. Instead, try choosing a designated workspace in your home. This will not only create helpful and healthy separation but will also help you avoid distractions. You don’t need a whole room, a living room nook, side kitchen table or extra walk-in closet would all work fine.
- Buy a Good Chair – Your kitchen chairs are great for a meal or game night, but they won’t do for sitting in all day, five days a week. You need to get a desk chair that is comfortable and suited for working. If you’re feeling fancy you can get an ergonomic desk chair, but if you’re short on space or money you can upgrade an existing chair with some extra back support.
- Find What Works for You – Most importantly, you need to figure out what works for you. Everyone has different needs and preferences when it comes to working from home. Luckily, one of the perks of working from home is getting to customize your workspace to whatever you want and need. But this oftentimes means a little trial-and-error. Don’t be afraid to try something new and move on if it doesn’t work.
Cunningham Doors & Windows is here to help if you want more tips and tricks for your home. We are an Orange County, CA replacement window expert and are here to help you. Call or visit us today to learn more about what we can do for you and your replacement windows.