You’d be surprised at how smaller décor items can make a really big difference in a space! While furniture is important, you can level up your home décor with the right accessories, like treatments for the replacement windows on your Orange County, CA home.
But, if you’re looking to add more decoration accessories, you might be overwhelmed with all the options. These simple home décor accessory ideas are here to help you make your home and replacement windows the best they can be:
- Focus on Windows – While it may seem like the treatments on replacement windows just fade into the background, the right window treatments will add some serious style to your space. Make your shutters, blinds, drapes or shades a conscious choice that balances both style and function.
- Add Color and Texture – Yes, neutrals are very stylish right now. However, those beiges, whites, and creams you see on HGTV dream homes are almost always set apart by contrasting pops of color and lots of different textures. Stick with neutrals for your large furnishings but have some fun with color and texture when it comes to a room’s smaller items and accessories. For example, you can add throw pillows with varying textures on your couch or hang a brightly colored painting on your wall.
- Work in Layers – Would an artist cram a million colors into one painting without taking a step back and looking at the work as a whole? No! So, you shouldn’t decorate a room like that either. Start by placing larger decoration items like rugs, then fill in with medium to small accessories like paintings, plants, and candles as needed, taking time to step back and look at the room as a whole. Remember, you definitely don’t need décor on every wall and surface.
- Quality is Key – The mass-produced décor at your local home goods store might seem super stylish and special at first, but once you get them home, they often fall flat. This is because they don’t have any meaning for you and your family. Instead, look for decorative pieces that mean something, whether they were purchased on a special vacation, are symbolic of a value, or are even pictures of your loved ones.
- Allow Asymmetry – Sure, symmetry seems calming and stylish, but, as odd as it may sound, asymmetry is actually very pleasing to the eye when done correctly. How can you add some asymmetry to your home? Try grouping décor items in odd numbers, like threes or fives, on mantles, side tables, or even on walls. If you’re installing replacement windows, you can also try grouping them in odd numbers for an even greater asymmetry effect.
Cunningham Doors & Windows is here to help if you’re looking for more home accessory or replacement window ideas. We have years of experience in the Orange County, CA replacement window industry and would be happy to use our expertise to help you make your home the best it can be. Stop by and visit us or give us a call today.