Busy homes are often filled with family, making it hard for you to have space where you can block out the world’s noise and stresses so you can relax and re-center. Sometimes you need to carve out a calm haven inside your haven so you can really unwind. That’s where these tips, from decluttering to installing replacement windows on your Tustin, CA home, come in.
- Get the Right Windows – Soft lighting is the ultimate soother. While candles and lamps can help, the best way to get the light right is to regulate the natural light. Replacement windows can go a long way towards accomplishing this goal as they make it easy for you to customize the amount of light in a room with different kinds of glass, frames, and more. You can get bigger windows for more light or even take away windows to create a darker space.
- Soften Noise – Outside noises like lawnmowers, passing cars and neighbors can be distracting. Installing the right kind of replacement windows can really help reduce outside noise pollution.
- Choose Greenery – Plants are proven to help reduce stress as they impact three of our senses: smell, vision, and touch. While real plants are best, you can always opt for fake plants if you don’t have a green thumb. If you do go with real plants, make sure you have the right kind of window treatment to let the sunshine in.
- Declutter – Few things are more stressful than clutter as distractions prevent total relaxation. Try and limit the space to one or two pieces of art on the walls. You can even choose one big, serene piece. This applies to furniture as well. Take out any excess chairs or pieces so you’re left with one comfy chair or pouf, a lamp, and maybe a side table. You can take it even further and only have a nice fluffy pillow to recline on.
- Choose the Right Space – Pick a room or corner that is quiet and out of the way so you can have the relaxation you need. A basement room, den at the back of the house, or spare bedroom would all be ideal.
- Get Rid of Technology – It’s also a good idea to remove technology and screens from the room, including TVs and cell phones. Screens and distracting and stressful, so keep them out of your space. You can have a small speaker if you want to listen to music or a meditation podcast.
All it takes for you to create a calm space in your home is a little time, a few tools, and some inspiration. These are just a few ways you can turn any room in your home into a calming space.
Create a calm space in your home that can help you destress with these ideas and tips. Cunningham Doors & Windows is here for you if you want more ideas or information on Tustin, CA replacement windows. Give us a call or stop by and visit us today to learn more.