Stressing about keeping the replacement windows on your Huntington Beach, CA clean home doesn’t do you any good if the shades or blinds on those windows are dirty, dusty or grimy. Many homeowners suffer from dirty window treatments; so don’t feel bad if you fall into that category. But just how do you keep blinds and shades clean, especially if you keep your windows open a lot? Just use these tips, and your blinds and shades will be clean in no time:
- Try Fabric Cleaners – You can always take your fabric shades down and bring them to a professional cleaner, like your local dry cleaner. There are also some towns that have specific shade and blind cleaning businesses.
- Try Spot Cleaning – It’s easy to spot clean shades with an all-purpose cleaner. However, always spray the cleaner onto a clean, soft cloth and never directly only the shades.
- Gently Wipe The Wood – Wood shades can be cleaned with a little water on a soft cloth. Just slightly dampen the cloth, and wipe away dirt, dust or grime. Be sure to wipe away any excess moisture with a second, dry cloth when you’re done.
- Only Use Specific Dusters – Some cheap or poorly made dusters can scratch or damage your shades. If you prefer to use a duster, be sure to get a feather or lamb’s wool duster, as these kinds are soft and scratch-free. Brush the duster up and down on the shade to remove any dust or dirt.
- Vacuum Works Great – Dust quickly builds up on shades, making them look dirty and dingy. Use your vacuum to remove dust buildup on your shades. Place the brush attachment on the end of the hose and gently move it down the shades.
- Give Them A Bath – You can always give your shades a deep clean at home. Fill your bathtub with warm, soapy water, and lower the blinds inside. Slowly swirl them around the tub, or gently move them up and down. Be sure to rinse them well after washing to remove any excess soap or leftover grime. Hang them up outside to dry quickly so they don’t drip on your floors.
If you’re still having trouble cleaning your shades and blinds, you can always hire a professional cleaner to come in and help you out. However, these tips should make it a lot easier to keep your window shades looking just as great so your replacement windows can function well and look stylish.
If you want to learn more tips and tricks, or have questions about Huntington Beach, CA replacement windows, Cunningham Doors & Windows is ready to help you however we can. We offer premium replacement window services, and plenty of expert advice. Please stop by and visit us at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705, or give us a call at (714) 258-2500 for more information on what we can do for you, your home, and your replacement windows.