Energy efficiency is vital for windows. Energy efficient windows can make your home much more comfortable in temperature and more secure. They also can help reduce your energy usage to help save you money on your energy bill. That’s why if you’re about to embark on a window replacement for your Yorba Linda, CA home, you first need to make sure you understand what makes a window energy efficient. That way, you can be better prepared to choose the most energy efficient windows for your home.
Windows are energy efficient for a lot of reasons, but the most important energy efficient characteristics are:
- No Heat Transference – There are some window materials that transfer heat from the outside into the home. A lot of window materials like vinyl and wood have little to no heat transference. These materials can help repel the heat away from your home so you and your family stay cool in the California heat without over working your air conditioner.
- Air Tight Seals – Energy efficient windows are welded together so they don’t have joints. Without joints, there are no open spaces for air or drafts to sneak into your home and make it uncomfortable. These windows allow much less air leakage in any direction than other materials, and therefore are more energy efficient.
- Insulated Glass – Many windows these days can have double or even triple pane glass. Multiple layers of glass with a layer of air or argon gas between the panes gives you a higher level of insulation, making the window energy efficient and even noise reducing.
- Cost – Cost doesn’t affect a window’s energy efficiency, but it does affect your choices. You want an energy efficient window in your home, but you can’t always afford the most expensive windows with advanced energy efficiency features. Luckily, there are lots of windows give you just what you need.
- Good Ratings – Energy efficient windows have superior energy efficient ratings in a number of important areas. They often have low U-factor and SHGC ratings for advanced energy efficiency. Take a look at a window’s Energy Star ratings. A U-Factor of 0.30 or less and a SHGC of 0.25 or less are great ratings for a window in Yorba Linda, CA.
Heat transference, seals, glass, ratings, and cost work together to make windows energy efficient. Choosing high quality energy efficient windows with all of these features for your home will elevate your home’s value while making it more comfortable for years to come.
Cunningham Doors & Windows, located at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705, can help you find energy efficient replacement windows with these features and more. We have years of experience in the Yorba Linda, CA window replacement industry, and would love to use that experience to help you find the best windows for your home. Please give us a call at (714) 258-2500 for more information about what we can do for you, or to schedule a consultation.