While there are tons of different kinds of replacement windows available in Laguna Hills, CA, few are as stylish, dramatic and memorable as bay and bow windows. Use the following to learn more about these windows, their similarities, and their differences to help you decide if bay or bow windows are right for you and your home.
At first glance, bay and bow windows are pretty similar. They are both visually striking, and do a great job at showcasing large rooms with an airy feel. Both bay and bow windows make rooms feel bigger and lighter, and have a classic appeal that adds timeless style to any home. However, bow and bay windows are not the same.
There are 7 big differences between these two stylish window types:
Bay windows are made with 3 windows: one large picture window with 2 smaller regular windows on either side. A bow window is more curved, with 4 or 5 windows giving the outside of the home a more rounded appearance.
The more flat style of bay windows looks best with modern homes, while the semi-circular look of bow windows matches best with Victorian architecture.
- Bay windows stick out farther from the side of the house than bow, giving you a bit more extra space inside for a window seat, nook, or similar addition.
- Bay windows are better suited for narrower spaces as they only have 3 panels.
- Bow windows offer an incredible view of both sides of the outdoors, and are ideal for use in corners or turrets.
- Bow windows necessitate custom hardwood shells designed to specially fit multiple windows, while bay windows are installed directly into the home structure.
- On average, bow windows cost 2.5 times as much as bay windows. This is due to the fact that bow windows are much more labor intensive to create and install. However, both require expert installation.
While bay and bow windows may seem similar, they have quite a few significant differences. However, they will both give your home a distinctive, stylish and timeless look you’re sure to enjoy.
Its also important to note that bay and bow windows both require an experienced hand for their installations. They can be expensive, so you need to make sure you hire qualified window contractors like Cunningham Doors & Windows. We have years of industry experience, and would be happy to help you choose and install bay or bow windows on your home.
Located at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705, Cunningham Doors & Windows is the easy choice for all your Laguna Hills, CA replacement window needs. We are more than happy to work closely with you to help you choose and install the best replacement windows for your home, whether or not they may be bay or bow windows. Please give us a call at (714) 258-2500 to learn more about what we do or replacement windows, or to schedule a consultation.