Do you want to invest in the highest quality windows for your Orange, CA home? Then it makes sense that you are considering multiple panes of glass for your replacement products. Before you rush into this decision, it is important that you compare your options to pick the materials that will best suit your family.
Here at Cunningham Doors & Windows, we are the leading providers of replacement windows and doors in the area. If you need assistance with repairs or installation, then our team is here to help! Scheduling a consultation will give you the chance to ask questions and learn more about the industry. We want to be sure that you love the new windows that are installed in your home.
Why Choose Double- or Triple-Paned Windows?
Why should you spend the extra money to install windows with double or triple panes of glass? Most homeowners assume that a single pane of glass is enough. So, they think that adding extra panes is unnecessary. Aren’t these products only used in extremely cold environments?
Even though the temperatures don’t reach sub-freezing levels in Southern California, multiple panes of glass can be beneficial to help during the hot summer months. These products are great for energy efficiency benefits, regardless of the temperature outside.
Pros and Cons of Multiple Panes of Glass
Should you spend the money to upgrade to double- or triple-paned windows? Here are some of the pros and cons that you need to consider for your purchase:
- Pro – Energy Efficiency: As noted above, these windows can improve the energy efficiency of your home. If you are tired of paying high utility bills, then it might be time to replace the windows and doors. Not only will you cut your monthly expenses, but you will also be saving the environment.
- Con – Installation Costs: Yes, you can spend money on your monthly expenses. But, you will need to spend more on the installation. Even though your initial costs will be higher, many people find that it is worth the investment for the long-term benefits.
- Pro – Property Value: Another financial benefit will be found in the value of your property. Choose high-quality materials for the doors and windows, and you will be able to ask for more money when you are ready to move in the future.
- Con – Installation Requirements: Triple-paned windows are heavier compared to windows with a single pane of glass. So, it is important that the installation is handled right. This problem is easily overcome by hiring an experienced team to handle the installation.
- Pro – UV Protection: Each pane of glass can be coated with a Low-E product that protects your home from UV exposure. Even if the sun is shining through the window, there will be three panes of glass to reflect the UV rays away from your home. As a result, you will reduce the risk of fading on the carpets and furniture.
Do you love the idea of installing high-quality replacement doors and windows in Orange, CA? Then our team at Cunningham Doors & Windows is here to help! Visit us at 1940 E Edinger Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705. Or, call: (714) 258-2500