Your bedroom should be a safe and comfortable space, and an easy place to start to make it so is the windows. Install replacement windows for your Irvine, CA bedroom, and then upgrade the window treatments for a completed look and feel.
Your bedroom’s window treatments provide you with necessary privacy and help control the temperature and lighting for sleeping or relaxing. Choosing the right window treatment for your bedroom’s replacement windows can make a big difference in your bedroom’s comfort.
Use this list of bedroom window treatment ideas to inspire you on your quest to update your bedroom windows.
- Curtains – Probably the most common bedroom window treatment, curtains come in a wide range of colors, styles, and even shapes. You can easily add a pop of color, taste of pattern or shot of style to your bedroom with the right curtain. Curtains are generally made of lighter fabric than drapes, and can also be more affordable. Despite the light fabric, curtains can help you block out light when its time to sleep, and even keep the air-conditioned air in your house during hot California nights.
- Shades – Shades are a great window treatment option for every room in your home, not just the bedroom. They come in almost limitless materials and colors, and go with tons of different decorating styles. Shades are, in the most simple form, and piece of fabric cut to the window size and attached to a frame or rod that is then fastened to the top of the window frame. Shades can be pulled up or down with a roller or pulley system. There are lots of different types of shades like roller, Roman, solar, pleated, balloon, cellular and bamboo.
- Blinds – Blinds are oftentimes the simplest way to go for a bedroom window treatment. Streamlined, effective and affordable, blinds add privacy and block out sunlight. You can choose blinds from a wide array of materials like vinyl, metal or wood to better match your décor and budget needs. You can also hang blinds vertically or horizontally depending on window size and shape.
- Cascades and Swags – Looking for a bit more drama or elegance in your bedroom window treatment? Cascades and swags will do just the trick. Both are types of valances, and are paired with another window treatment that provides light blocking and privacy. Swags are hung horizontally over a curtain rod in fold or drapes. Cascades hang down the sides of a window treatment and usually touch the floor.
- Shutters – Shutters are a more classic window treatment choice. Shutters are made with wood or faux wood, and can be painted any color. They fit inside the window frame and swing in or out on hinges. Shutters can also be fitted with louvers so you can have even more customization when it comes to weather and light filtering.
To learn more about Irvine, CA replacement windows and bedroom window treatments, contact Cunningham Doors & Windows. Visit us at 1940 E Edinger Ave Santa Ana, CA 92705 or give us a call at (714) 258-2500.