Home renovations don’t have to be pricey. In fact, they don’t even have to be difficult. All you need is a little creativity, elbow grease, and time to make your home look great. Use this list of $100 or less projects, like raising your window treatments, painting your door, or adding new hardware to the replacement windows on your Costa Mesa, CA home as inspiration:
- Try Out Contrast – Contrasting colors are great for adding flair and interest into an existing décor scheme. For example, refresh your built-in shelves by painting the back wall a contrasting color or installing peel-and-stick wallpaper in a contrasting pattern.
- Play With Removable Wallpaper – There are lots of peel-and-stick wallpaper options these days, making it easy for you to add color and pattern to your home. Try adding a cool accent wall to your living room or bedroom with a patterned peel-and-stick wallpaper.
- Upgrade Your Doorknobs – While builder-grade doorknobs aren’t bad, you can do better. Easily update your home by refreshing the doorknobs on your entry doors as well as on interior doors in well-traveled spaces.
- Hang Window Boxes – Window boxes instantly add color and freshness to your replacement windows and window treatments. Try building simple boxes yourself or buying something online or at your local hardware store.
- Raise Your Window Treatments – Show off those stunning replacement windows and add a feeling of height to any room in your home by raising the window treatments. Bring your curtain rod, shades, or drapes six to 12 inches above the window frame to make the room feel taller. You can also extend the window treatments three inches on either side of the window frame to make the windows feel bigger.
- Paint Your Front Door – Painting is easy, and paint is inexpensive, making painting your front door a breeze. Choose a color that works with your home décor and matches your existing siding and window shutters All you need is sandpaper, primer, paint, and a sunny afternoon to refresh your front door.
- Add New Light Fixtures – Your kitchen and bathrooms could most likely benefit from new light fixtures, especially if the existing ones are old and dusty. You can also paint metal light fixtures black or bronze for an even cheaper fix.
- Upgrade Your Replacement Window Hardware – Breathe new life into your new windows by replacing the hardware. All you have to do is unscrew the old handles and knobs and replace them with a newer design. Just be sure whichever new hardware you choose is the same width and length as the old pieces, so you don’t have to drill new holes.
- Add Molding and Trim – While this takes a bit of skill and a few different tools, you can install crown molding and trim to elevate your living room, dining room, bedrooms, or even kitchen.
Use these tips and your home will look great before you know it. Want more tips on home renovations or Costa Mesa, CA replacement windows? Call or visit us today to learn more about what we can do for you and your home