One of the advantages of scheduling an in-home consultation with a window and door contractor is the opportunity to ask questions about the materials and installation. If you invite a contractor to your Huntington Beach, CA home for a meeting, then it is a good idea to prepare your questions in advance. This step ensures that you won’t overlook any of the details that need to be addressed.
Follow this list of questions so that you can get the right information about your replacement windows and doors:
- What is your experience in the window and door industry? Before you hire a contractor, it is important to make sure that the team is qualified to complete the work. Look for a reputable contractor that has been in the industry for many years.
- How long will it take to install the new materials? The installation schedule will depend on the availability of the contractor. Asking questions about installation dates will help you prepare your family so that you are ready when the materials are brought to your
- What styles and colors are available? You have the opportunity to customize your order. So, it makes sense to explore the many different colors and styles that are offered. Look at pictures and take time to visit the showroom if you need inspiration ideas.
- How much will it cost for the materials and installation? The costs will vary depending on the products that you choose and the size of your home. But, it is essential that you have these details in writing before agreeing to the work.
- Is it time to replace the doors and windows in my home? Timing matters! Ask a professional for a home inspection so that you can determine the right timing for the installation.
- What is the warranty coverage for the materials and installation? In most situations, a warranty is offered by the manufacturer for the materials. You also need to clarify the warranty or guarantee for the labor that is performed.
- What energy efficiency benefits are available from the windows? If you are going to spend money on new windows and doors, then it makes sense that you choose quality products to boost the efficiency of your home. Talk to the contractor about various features that will impact energy efficiency.
- What are the maintenance requirements for these products? Do you hate spending your weekends on home maintenance project? Then choose windows that require minimal maintenance. Vinyl products offer a great option to consider.
- How long will the windows last? Maximize your investment by choosing windows that will withstand the weather changes. The durability of the materials will impact the quality and value of your home.
Do you have additional questions about installing new doors and windows in Huntington Beach, CA? Then you need to contact us at Cunningham Doors & Windows. We invite you to our showroom: 1940 E Edinger Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705. Call to schedule consultation in your home or office: (714) 258-2500